Case submissions require multiple steps, including an independent attestation required by your program director or ID faculty attending; thus, we strongly recommend you begin this process no later than Wednesday, May 3.
All submitting/presenting authors must complete and submit a cover letter and consent form stating:
- that he or she is enrolled as a fellow in an ID training program or as a resident
- the case has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere
- that no confidential patient information is revealed (see HIPAA Regulations and list of 18 identifiers that must be removed)
- that if the case includes an image of a physical finding, a signed consent form from the patient or legal guardian has been obtained and is on file
- all contributors are acknowledged in the letter and case report, have given their permission for the case to be published on the Partners Infectious Disease Images website (www.idimages.org), and have agreed to the transfer of copyright of the case and images to the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) if the case is accepted for presentation
- that the case includes the affiliations of all the contributing authors
- the units and reference ranges for all laboratory tests are specified
*All authors must sign the cover letter and consent form.
Each submitted case should include images that illustrate important teaching points related to infectious diseases. Examples:
- fungal and mycobacterial infections
- viral infections
- bacterial infections
- parasitic diseases
- infections of immunocompromised hosts
- tropical infectious diseases
When submitting a general Adult ID case only, you will be asked to select one category from the following topics:
- bacterial infections
- mycobacterial infections
- Rickettsial infections
- fungal infections
- viral infections (other than HIV)
- parasitic infections
The deadline to complete a submission is Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 5 p.m. EDT. Incomplete cases will be deleted without consideration.
To ensure HIPAA Privacy Regulations are met, the author’s program director or ID faculty attending must review the case report and validate that the report complies prior to uploading the case files.
- The program director/ID faculty attending will be asked to submit an attestation during the submission process; therefore the author(s) should share the case with this individual and begin the submission process early. Please note that it is the responsibility of the primary/submitting author to provide a copy of the case report directly to the program director/faculty attending for review.
Each submission must include:
- Online attestation by the ID program director or ID faculty attending that the case report and images are in compliance with HIPAA Privacy Regulations and do not contain identifiable patient information.
- A signed and scanned copy of the cover letter with all contributors’ signatures. (Download the cover letter and consent form template.)
- A Word document of the case. (Download the case submission template.)
- A PowerPoint presentation of the case. (Download a PowerPoint presentation example.)
- **IMPORTANT** Do not include your name or affiliation in the case report or PowerPoint you submit. Cases will be reviwed “blindly” to help ensure a fair and unbiased review of your case submission.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the submission process.
Please contact Conference Exchange email@example.com or call +1 (401) 334-0220 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, US Eastern Standard Time (GMT -05:00).